Why the husbd. will think twice before coming home late

Good news : We've zeroed in on a house, so will be shifting soon.
Bad news : Husbd is busy.
(btw, husbd is being busy, everytime there's something significant going on-got to check if this is sheer escapism he he)

There was loads to pack. Loads to dispose. I didn't know where to start. Can't wait for the husbd till weekend to do the honours, as we've got to shift Saturday morning. There were lots to do, I just couldn't figure where to start. So, I decided to take it easy. (take it easy=putting my feet up and relaxing on the sofa and let the mind do a bit of impertinent and unnecessary wandering like how Tamil actress Nadhiya could never age etc.,).

After what seemed like a nanosecond, I found myself staring at my husbd. I coudln't immediately gauge his expression. As an involuntary reaction, I looked at the clock.
So what I thought was a nanosecond was a good one hour. I had slept like a log of wood. Husbd had knocked the door (maybe he should have banged it instead). No answer. He's rang my mobile. No answer. He's gone down the lift to buzz the security phone. No answer. I usually lock the door from the inside, so he's never tried opening the door with the same key that we use to lock from outside. A neighbour suggested using the same key, and it has worked.

I had put the mobile in silence mode, while patting the baby to sleep, but I had no explanations for missing the phone beeps and door knocks. Maybe I had plugged into the ipod?

God, please save me.

7 comments:

Bhargavi said...

lol..hope god saves u .. saw nadiya's interview a few days back.. she is RAVISHING!!!! and the lady should be in her 50's illa? her plastic earrings and stockings with baggy tops were a rage those days !!!.. good luck with the shift !!

WhatsInAName said...

I am with you on Nadhiya. Oh how young she looks. Its a pity they have started casting her as a mother while she looks like the lead heroine herself :)
And I am with you on nanosecond too. Lol. How easily it becomes hours. My daughter once did the same. And I had to rush from office with my heart in my mouth wondering why she wasn't opening the door he he. I actually got a call from my servant .

Bouncing-Bubble said...

dazz-Think she must in her 40s... such a simple beauty she is.. lol, i really need good luck now!thankewsie


wian-exactly!infact she looks better than the lead heroine.. and as for blissful sleep.. sigh.. maanam pochu. husbd went out to the waiting little crowd (if 2 is counted as crowd) to say that we're fine.

Vee said...

Such like-a-log sleeps are absolute bliss.. aren't they?

Smita said...

ROFL!!!

But not ur fault at all!!! He must remember when, where & how to use the key :D

couchpapaya said...

lol u crack me up! a friend did the same (not me, really!!) she closed her eyes for a nanosecond before the rest of us reached home. we arrived home to find our house full of smoke, the safety valves burnt off the pressure cooker.

good luck with the shift!!

AV said...

lol!! gr8 doing!!
i gont think u shud feel guilty at all!!
n me too agree on Nadiya's forever young looks!! :)

cheers!!